Quote Terms & Conditions
- REMITTANCES All invoices shall be due and payable upon receipt in United States currency, free of exchange, or any other charges, or as otherwise agreed upon and set forth in writing by Hayes Mechanical, LLC.. (hereinafter called “Seller”). The Customer, if so requested agrees to furnish Seller with all information including financial statements, necessary to make a proper credit appraisal. Refusal to supply information may cause this proposal to be withdrawn. Terms of payment originally granted are subject to the approval of continued credit status. Prices are subject to correction for error.
- PROPOSALS Proposals are based upon straight-time labor unless otherwise stated within the scope of the proposal. Any request by the Customer for overtime work shall be considered an extra. This proposal expires 30 days after its date, subject to the provisions of the first sentence of the paragraph below entitled “Acceptance of Terms.”
- PROGRESS PAYMENTS Seller reserves the right to invoice Customer monthly as the work progresses, for all materials delivered to the job site or to an off-site facility and for all work performed on-site and off-site. Engineering, drafting, equipment procurement, and other mobilization costs incurred prior to installation shall be included in Sellers initial invoice and be equal to a minium of twenty five percent (25%) of the contract price. Invoices are due upon receipt by Customer. If the Customer becomes overdue in any payment, Seller shall be entitled to suspend work, shall be entitled to interest at the rate of 1 ½% per month or the maximum permitted by the State of Illinois; and also to avail itself of any other legal remedies. Seller shall also be entitled to interest on all amounts retained by Customer from progress payments or otherwise. Customer agrees that Customer will pay and/or reimburse Seller for any and all reasonable legal fees which are incurred by Seller in the collection of amounts due and payable hereunder.
- CANCELLATION AND SUSPENSION Any contract resulting from this proposal is subject to cancellation or instructions to suspend work by the customer only upon agreement to pay Seller adjustment charge.
- TAXES The amount of any future sales, use, occupancy, excise, or other tax, federal, state, or local which Seller hereafter shall be obligated legally to pay, either on its own behalf of the Customer or otherwise, with respect to the material covered by this proposal, shall be added to such prices and paid by the Customer.
- LOSS, DAMAGE OR DELAY Seller shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or delay occasioned by any causes beyond Seller’s control, including, but not limited to, governmental actions or orders, embargoes, strikes, differences with workmen, fires, floods,
accidents, or transportation delays. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES.
- WARRANTY Seller warrants that the equipment supplied and services furnished by it and covered by this proposal are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service and, without charge, equipment found to be so defective in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced, if written notice of failure is received by Seller within one (1) year after date of installation, provided said equipment has been operated in accordance with Seller’s instructions and provided such defects are not due
to abuse, fire or decomposition by chemical or galvanic action. THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Seller assumes no
responsibility for repairs made on Seller’s equipment unless done by Seller’s authorized personnel, or by written authority from Seller. Seller makes no guarantee with respect to material not manufactured by it.
- PURCHASER’S REMEDIES The Customer’s remedies with respect to equipment found to be defective in material or workmanship shall be limited exclusively to the right of repair or replacement of such defective equipment. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE
LIABLE FOR CLAIMS (BASED UPON BREACH OF IMPLIED WARRANTY) FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER
DIRECT, IMMEDIATE, FORESEEABLE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL OR FOR ANY EXPENSES INCURRED BY
REASON OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF EQUIPMENT WHICH DOES OR DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY CONTRACT RESULTING FROM THIS PROPOSAL
- GOVERNING LAW Any contract resulting from this proposal shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
- CERTIFICATION The person whose signature appears on the attached hereof hereby certifies that, to his best knowledge and belief, the annexed bid is not the result of any agreement, arrangement or understanding between the Seller and any other manufacturer or seller of equipment and services and that the prices, terms or conditions thereof have not been communicated by or on behalf of the Seller to any such person and will not be communicated to any such person prior to the official opening of said bid.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS This proposal shall become a binding contract between the Customer and Seller when accepted in writing by the Customer. Such acceptance shall be with mutual understanding that the terms and conditions of this proposal are a part thereof with the same effect as though signed by both parties named herein and shall prevail over any inconsistent provision of said order.
No waiver, alteration, or modification of the terms and conditions on this and the attached hereof shall be binding unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Seller.